Slow and Steady Wins the Health Race!
Are you feeling overwhelmed at the thought of making diet changes? I don’t blame you! It can all be a bit much at times! The worst thing about feeling overwhelmed is that it’s easy to get fed up and throw in the towel! But small simple changes can make a world of difference in your diet. Here are a few things you can do simply starting now!
1) Switch your sugary granola bars for a home made trail mix: raw nuts and seeds, dried fruit, unsweetened carob chips, dried coconut, etc…
2) Switch your morning-boxed cereal for eggs. Eggs are quick and easy to make and they’re loaded with nutrition.
3) Do you feel like you always need something sweet after meals? Switch typical desserts for fruit
4) Is your diet full of starchy breads and grains? Switch your usual sandwich bread for a lettuce leaf. Lettuce leaves make a great wrap alternative and they can be stuffed with virtually anything: fish, egg, meat and beans.
5) Can’t imagine doing without soft drinks and juice because you hate the taste of water? Have you tried water with cucumber pieces or apples? It gives water an amazing sweet taste!
6) Switch just one of your animal protein sources to organic. Eggs, milk, cheese, meat, butter… you choose.
7) Switch white table salt for sea salt. No, salt should not be pristine white! It’s typically grey or pink. Celtic or Himalayan are both great options.
8) Switch the vegetable oil you use for cooking to coconut oil.
9) Switch quick cook foods such as quick cook oats or rice for the real deal. Quick cook anything is high glycemic.
10) Still can’t wrap you head around eating breakfast? Start small and just have a few brown rice crackers with nut butter to get your metabolism going.
That’s it. Easy peasy but significant changes.
The one thing I’ve learned over the years is that health is not a destination, it’s a journey, so don’t get frustrated or down on yourself, just keep at it!
Have a happy and healthy day!